Thursday, April 12, 2007

2 steps forward...more than 2 back!

Ok...so I failed AGAIN!. Faced with some really frustrating and challenging personalities and situations at work, I let myself get critical and pessimistic about things. UGH!...will I ever learn? I can totally relate to Paul who wrote this: "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do...I have the desire to do what is good but I cannot carry it out....so I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me." (Romans 7:15,18b,21) YIKES! My efforts to overcome my own desires to "right injustices" and make sure things are fair and done with integrity, can lead me down a really, really bad path. Thank goodness, that again, like Paul I can write: "What a wretched (wo)man I am! Who will rescue me...Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!..For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all."(Romans 7:24/8:24)...God rescues, saves me and gives me hope...hope that I can change and that He will make that change happen!

SO...once again, I am faced with developing my Holy Habits:
1. Pray before I react, act, or let myself get frustrated and critical
2. Actively remember WHO is in control and the worth of HIS ultimate purpose is (and I'm pretty sure it has little to nothing to do with one meeting or one personality struggle over the course of a whole lifetime!!!!)
3. Adjust my perspective: think like God (long-term!)..."For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:17,18)

God...thanks for your Spirit that keeps reminding me of WHO and what is really important. Thanks that you forgive, restore and let me try again. Thanks for your patience, your graciousness and kindness. Help me to make you proud by making some progress in developing some "Holy Habits"! AMEN and AMEN!

No comments: