Thursday, April 5, 2007

One more time...

Why does it take several lessons for me to get "the point"? I'm so SLOW!
Today was one of those days when those around me just needed to be heard. They needed someone to listen, and their struggles were real. Many times I get really frustrated because I'm on a "mission" to get through my "to do" list...to check off items that are due to my boss (or past due...ugh!)...so I don't always welcome interupptions.
However, today I just listened, and I was able to respond and be "truly there" with several people. You know what? I still got done what was required! More importantly, I felt that God was able to comfort and to speak through me. SO...why do I fight that sometimes? Selfishness, pride, and a bunch of other "stuff"...
I am reminded that God never puts me aside for His "to do" list. Actually, I am part of His "to do list"...He is ALWAYS there to listen. In fact, He's waiting for me to come to him...because I need for Him to listen, and my struggles are real.
God remind me to take note when someone needs to be heard; to stop; and to listen. There's always enough time to do that. You would think I know that by now, but I'm still learning! Thanks for letting me keep repeating 'til I get it!

No comments: