Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's all about PERSPECTIVE

Yesterday I really struggled with some decisions (or lack of decisions) made in my work place. I felt frustrated, burdened and tired by all the effort it takes to get to some kind of action...mostly I felt like a failure because I couldn't make something happen. Well, that was a great place to be in right before Bible Study! Isn't it great when your day and circumstances are the perfect "set up" to get a lesson on how to "get up"?...

Monday nite is "girl's nite out with Daniel"...most Monday's you'll find Ginger, Cynthia and I going over the week's events and then spending time listening to Beth Moore teach from the book of Daniel...then we pray together. Last nite we studied about Daniel's commitment to prayer, and worked through scriptures that really expounded on the fact that there is not one thing on earth that cannot be effected by prayer...NOTHING!...Let me tell you it drove us to our knees we were so humbled and thankful!

We discussed the need to develop some "holy habits" around how to respond in times of crisis, or just everyday frustrations. We can either panic (do the wrong thing); paralyze (do no thing) or pray (do the power thing)...you see, really it's all about PERSPECTIVE. God chooses to have us affect what we are most worried about by praying, that's a really different action than what I naturally take! I like to make something happen, see a result, and so on...but you know what? God wants me to value things happening, but in a different way, HE wants me to see HIM make something happen, produce a result, and so on. In other word, if I want to really see things happen, I need to know, believe and understand that HE is the one who is in charge...not me (good news for all of us!)...

SO, my work right now is to develop a "holy habit" of praying before panicking or becoming paralyzed. I really do that want to be my first response, vs the thing I do once I've failed at the other two!

No comments: