Saturday, September 29, 2007

Breafast Burritos and Saturday morning chats

My friend Stacy and I often have breakfast together on Saturday morning. She's an ER nurse that works week-end nights, so we get to chat after her 12+ hour shift (before she goes home to kiss her husband good morning, see her kids, and then sleep!). Most times we meet somewhere in the RIPPLE, but today she brought over breakfast burritos and we had coffee and caught up (by the way, QDoba breakfast burritos are AWESOME)

You know, God really is with us when we are sitting at the kitchen table and sharing about our lives and who HE is in them. Stacy's B-study is starting DANIEL (the BMoore study) and I finished that this summer with a couple of friends. It was so fun to catch up about a great study with a message that GOES DEEP. Something that Beth said during that study stuck with me and I know it's true..."we will not be dumber after this"...referring to the fact that we need to engage our minds as well as hearts in the study of God's word. Often the things I engage my mind in make me dumber (trash TV, etc.)...but Daniel engage all of my attention and it went deep! And "stuck"...

I love it that God gives us old and new friends to remind us of HIM (you know, the whole "Jesus with skin on" thing!)...I love it that Stacy has known me since college and we both know a lot of good (and gross) stuff about each other and keep each other honest in our pursuit of God and living lives that are more worthy of HIM...

SO...thanks God...thank you for Stacy, Saturdays, Breakfast burritos, great coffee (the french press rocks!) and great music...today I'm turning up my Women of Faith CD and celebrating you!
:-)

No comments: