Saturday, September 8, 2007

"I did not ask for success, I asked for wonder"

-Abraham Joshua Heschel

I'm doing a "book club" (sort of) by phone with my friend April. We just started. We call, and we discuss a chapter of "Velvet Elvis" by Rob Bell. It's pretty cool.

The chapter today was "Jump". It's all about the mystery of the Christian faith and how we need to get comfortable with the "unsolve-ability" of God, so we can really start getting to know Him.

And that means asking questions. Here are some great quotes from the book about questions:

"A Christian doesn't avoid the questions; a Christian embraces them. In fact, to truly pursue the living God, we have to see the need for questions."

"Questions are not scary...
What is scary is when people don't have any
What is tragic, is faith that has no room for them"

"Being a Christian is more about celebrating mystery than conquering it"

I don't know about you, but I have A LOT of questions. I think this is going to be an awesome journey, I hope God thinks so too!

No comments: