Thursday, August 9, 2007

A bunch of hot air...

that's what I came home to tonite. I'd been out of town for a whirlwind business trip, picked up my dog, opened the door assuming it would be cool and refreshing inside (because it was about 97 degrees outside), only to find...you guessed it: a bunch of hot air! I was expecting cool, I didn't get it.

Even though I was tired, I went in to "this can be fixed mode"...I bet I just need to re-set the thermostat or turn the break in the electrical box on/off". You guessed it: none of that worked. SO...with my panting dog beside me (it was now about 84 degrees inside) I called my service guy and he came out! YEAH! The good news is he could "rig up" my AC to work for now, so it's working hard to cool this house down. The bad news is I need a whole new unit (I was hoping to make it through one more season, but that was not to be!)

Tonite I am thankful for:
-People who will still come out at 10:30 at nite to work on something
-A fridge that has an ice maker: oh yeah!
-That I even have AC...I was in St. Louis the last 3 days, and the temperature
was in triple digits...it was really dangerous
-Being in my house...hot air and all: because even though things break down, there really is "no place like home"

Yours in hot air (and hopefully cool air very soon!)
Sher

No comments: