Sunday, August 12, 2007

Me and my........BIG MOUTH

SO...here's my reminder from Proverbs 10...the TOP 5

  • v. 19 "When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongues is wise."
  • STOP TALKING AND HOLD YOUR TONGUE...THE RESULT WILL BE AVOIDING SIN AND SHOWING GODLY WISDOM
  • v.20 "The tongue of the righteous is choice silver..."
  • IF I'M WALKING WITH GOD, THE WORDS THAT COME OUT OF MY MOUTH WILL BE OF VALUE
  • v. 21 "The lips of the righteous nourish many..."
  • IF I'M WALKING WITH GOD, THE WORDS THAT COME OUT OF MY MOUTH WILL FEED THE SOULS OF OTHERS
  • v. 31 "The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom..."
  • IF I'M WALKING WITH GOD, THE WORDS THAT COME OUT OF MY MOUTH WILL BE WISE AND WILL GROW EXPONENTIALLY IN WISDOM
  • v. 32 "The lips of the righteous know what is fitting...?
  • IF I'M WALKING WITH GOD I WILL KNOW WHAT IS FITTING TO SAY, AND SAY ONLY THAT WHICH IS FITTING

If you know me at all, you know that I am RARELY at a loss for words. Some would say, "I think out loud with my mouth". It's pretty accurate. If I can talk something through, I can usually deal with it, makes sense of it, or reason it out. HOWEVER, sometimes where, with whom, and how I do that is not always beneficial to others, to myself...or respectful of God.

That's why I LOVE Proverbs. I think of this book as "God's cliff notes for how to behave"...it never fails to instruct me and it really keeps it simple.

SO, I'm praying Proverbs 12:13 "An evil man is trapped by his sinful talk, but a righteous man escapes trouble." Father, help me to watch my mouth...so that when I speak it is fitting, of value, nourishing to others...AND so that I escape trouble!

AMEN

No comments: